SCIENCE* *Quiz* for *SSC* CGL
1. Brass gets discolored in air because of the presence of which of the following gases in air?
(A) Oxygen (B) Hydrogen sulphide
(C) Carbon dioxide (D) Nitrogen
2. Which of the following is a non metal that remains liquid at room temperature?
(A) Phosphorous (B) Bromine
(C) Chlorine (D) Helium
3. Which of the following is used in pencils?
(A) Silicon (B) Charcoal
(C) Phosphorous (D) Graphite
4. The gas usually filled in the electric bulb is
(A) Hydrogen (B) Carbon dioxide
(C) Nitrogen (D) Oxygen
5. Washing soda is the common name for
(A) Sodium bicarbonate (B) Calcium bicarbonate
(C) Calcium carbonate (D) Sodium carbonate
6. Quartz crystals normally used in quartz clocks etc. is chemically
(A) Silicon dioxide (B) Germanium oxide
(C) A mixture of germanium oxide and silicon (D) Sodium silicate
7. Which of the following is the best conductor of Electricity?
(A) Hot water (B) River water
(C) Sea water (D) Pure water
8. The hardest substance available on earth is
(A) Iron (B) Platinum (C) Diamond (D) Gold
9. The gases used in different types of welding would include
(A) Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen (B) Oxygen, hydrogen, acetylene, CO2
(C) Oxygen and acetylene (D) Oxygen, acetylene and argon
10. The gas filled in the balloons is:
(A) Hydrogen (B) Oxygen (C) Carbon Di oxide (D) Helium
11. Gobar gas contains mainly is:
(A) Hydrogen (B) Sulpher (C) Methane (D) Organ
12. Which is the laughing gas?
(A) Nitrogen di oxide (B) phasphin
(C) Nitrous oxide (D) Nitrogen di tri oxide
13. which instrument is used to measure altitudes in aircraft?
(a) audiometer (b)Alto meter (c) Altimeter (d) Anemometer
14. Name of the instrument to measure atmospheric pressure?
(a) Thermometer (b) Barometer (c) Galvanometer (d)Bolometer
15. what among following is used to produce artificial rain?
(a)Silver iodide (b) Copper sulphate
(c)carban monoxide (d) Silver nitrate
Answers -1.B 2.B 3.D 4.C 5. D 6.A 7.C 8.C 9.C 10.D 11.C 12.C 13.C 14. B 15.A