C.A. MCQS November 2015
1. The Government of India (GoI) has recently introduced how many fee slabs for e-tourist Visa (e-TV)?
[A]5 [B]7 [C]4 [D]3
2. Which Indian Metro has bagged ISO rating for energy efficient management, recently?
[A]Mumbai Metro [B]Chennai Metro
[C]Delhi Metro [D]Kolkata Metro
3. ICGS Arinjay was commissioned at which naval base of India, recently?
[A]Mumbai [B] Goa [C]Kochi [D]Chennai
4. The Similipal National Park is situated at which state of India?
[A]Odisha [B]Himachal Pradesh
5. Which technology giant has partnered with BSNL to install 100 rural WiFi Hotspots?
[A]Google [B]Microsoft [C]Facebook [D]IBM
6. Which state government of India will set up bio- ethanol refinery in the state?
[A]Haryana [B]Kerala [C]Punjab [D]Karnataka
7. Who has been appointed as new India’s Ambassador to Afghanistan, recently?
[A]RC Tyagi [B]Manish Sharma [C]Amar Sinha [D]Manpreet Vohra
8. Balance Nail 16-01, which is recently in news, is related to which field?
[A]New star found in Galaxy [B] Military training
[C]Cyclone [D]New variety of wheat
9. Which among the following banks has recently launched ‘Green PIN’ that will allow customers to generate their PIN at the bank’s ATMs?
[A]South Indian Bank [B]Punjab National Bank
[C]State Bank of India [D]ICICI Bank
10. Hashim Abdul Halim, who recently passed away was the former speaker of which state of India?
[A]Madhya Pradesh [B]Gujarat [C]West Bengal [D]Bihar
11. Which among the following countries is the world’s largest cotton producer?
[A]USA [B]China [C]Australia [D]India
12. What is the range of the BrahMos supersonic cruise missile?
[A]240 KM [B]290 KM [C]350 KM [D]400 KM
13. According to the ‘Freedom on the Net 2015’ report, which among the following country is the world’s worst abuser of internet freedom?
[A]Iran [B]China [C]Syria [D]North Korea
14. Regional connectivity scheme (RCS), which is recently in news is related with____________?
[A]Railways [B]Roadways [C]Waterways [D]Aviation
15. The demand for statehood to Tulu Nadu is coming from which among the following States?
[A]Tamil Nadu [B]Karnataka [C]Odisha [D]Maharashtra
16. Which among the following pairs is the winner of the WTA finals title?
[A]Gabrine Muguruza and Carla Suarez
[B]Martina Hingis and Sania Mirza
[C]Gabrine Muguruza and Sania Mirza
[D]Martina Hingis and Gabrine Muguruza
17. What is the number of members in the proposed Monetary Policy Committee?
[A]3 members [B]4 members [C]5 members [D]7 members
18. As per the annual report on world’s most valuable nation brands published by Brand Finance, India’s rank is ______?
[A]5th position [B]7th position
[C]10th position [D]13th position
19. Erasmus Plus programme is related to which of the following?
[A]Poverty Eradication [B]Defence
20. Who among the following has been elected as new Vice President of Nepal?
[A]B D Bhandari [B]Ram Baran Yadav
[C]Nanda Kishor Pun [D]Parmananda jaha
21. Which among the following internet gaints is starting the ‘Project Loon’ in India?
[A]Microsoft [B]Amazon [C]Google [D]Facebook
22. Visa Inc., the world’s largest payments network is based in ______?
[A]Russia [B]USA [C]Canada [D]Europe
23. Omar al-Bashir, who recently visited India is the President of the which among the following country?
[A]Kenya [B]South Africa [C]Nigeria [D]Sudan
24. Who among the following is the founder of the global telecom carrier company, Sabse Technologies Inc.?
[A]Ravindra Joshi [B]Sabeer Bhatia
[C]Ravi Shankar Gururaj [D]Vipul Sharma
25. Which among the following company is acquiring the telecom business of Sistema Shyam Teleservices (SSTL)?
[A]Airtel [B]Idea Cellular [C]Aircel [D]Rcom
26. Who among the following was the author of the book ‘Advantage India-From Challenge to Opportunity’?
[A]R K Pachauri [B]Nandan Nilekani
[C]APJ Abdul Kalam [D]Arvind Panagariya
27. Brijmohan Lall Munjal, who recently passed away related to which among the following company(ies)?
[A]Mahindra & Mahindra [B]TVS group
[C]Hero group [D]Tata Motors
28. Which among the following auto-maker of the India has appointed Lionel Messi as it’s global brand ambassador?
[A]Tata Motors [B]TVS Motors
[C]Bajaj Auto [D]Mahindra & Mahindra
29. Madhesi people who are recently in news are belongs to ______?
[A]Bangladesh [B]Nepal [C]Sri Lanka [D]Bhutan
30. In which among the following State, the largest rooftop solar power plant of the Indian Railways network is located?
[A]Rajasthan [B]Haryana [C]Punjab [D]Jammu&Kashmir
31. Who would be the next Chief Justice of India?
[A]Justice Dipak Mishra [B]Justice Anil R. Dave
[C]Justice J.S. Khekar [D]Justice T.S. Thakur
32. Which country was most hit by the rare and historic cyclone Chapala, recently?
[A]Yemen [B]Omen [C]Somalia [D]Malaysia
33. National Instutute of Social Defence is located in which of the following cities of India?
[A]Mumbai [B]Kolkata [C]Chennai [D]New Delhi
34. Shompen tribe, which was recently in news is found in which part of India? [A]North West India [B]North East India [C]Central India [D]Andaman and Nicobar Islands
35. Festival ‘Sahabat India’, is celebrated in which of the following countries?
[A]Italy [B]France [C]Indonesia [D]Malaysia
36. Which among the following Asian countries has imposed national emergency due to internal security issues, recently?
[A]Indonesia [B]Maldives [C]Nepal [D]Sri Lanka
37. T. K. Viswanathan Committee is related to the following fields?
[A]International Trade [B]Bankruptcy code
[C]Higher Education [D] Money Laundering
38. Who has won silver in 13th Asian Shooting Championship, recently?
[A]Jitu Rai [B]Gagan Narang
[C]Abhinav Bhindra [D]Prakash Nanjappa
39. Dholera (known for geothermal borewell) is located in which state?
[A]Bihar [B]Maharashtra [C]Karnataka [D]Gujarat
40. Hashim Abdul Halim, who recently passed away was the former speaker of which state of India?
[A]Madhya Pradesh [B]Gujarat [C]West Bengal [D]Bihar
41. Bimal Prasad, who passed away recently was India’s former ambassador of which country?
[A]Pakistan [B]Nepal [C]Sri Lanka [D]Bangladesh
42. Who is the winner of the 2015 WISE prize for Education?
[A]Fazle Hasan Abed [B]Vicky Colbert
[C]Ann Cotton [D]Sakena Yacoobi
43. Herve Falciani, who is in news – is well-known for his work in which field?
[A]Education [B]Space research
[C]Whistleblowing [D]World Politics
44. Prime Minister Narendra Modi is ranked at what position in 2015 Forbes Most Powerful People list?
[A]5th [B]8th [C]9th [D]11th
45. At what location of Rajasthan state, Ministry of Shipping is planning to develop an inland shipping port?
[A]Haliwaw [B]Jalore [C]Bhinmal [D]Sindari
46. Which of the following countries plane crashed recently in Sinai peninsula of Egypt killing all people aboard?
[A]Germany [B]France [C]Russia [D]Indonesia
47. Recently, which two countries of Europe have conducted a joint session of both governments after a conflict of 25 years?
[A]Bosnia and Slovenia [B]Bosnia and Serbia
[C]Ukraine and Croatia [D]Croatia and Serbia
48. Who is the first female jockey to win Melbourne Cup?
[A]Hayley Turner [B]Michelle Payne
[C]Julie Krone [D]kayla Stra
49. Which Indian boxer obtained No. 2 spot in world rankings, recently?
[A]Dinesh Kumar [B]Shiva Thapa
[C]Jitender Kumar [D]Vijender Singh
50. ‘IMPRINT INDIA’ initiative is aimed at improving what field in India?
[A]Inland security [B] Military cooperation
[C]Foreign trade [D]Scientific research
51. Microsoft has selected which city for its pilot projects in Digital India initiative?
[A]Surat [B]Kolkata [C]Varanasi [D]Allahabad
52. Which of the following ministries has launched UDAY scheme?
[A]Ministry of Minority Affairs [B]Ministry of Law and Justice [C]Ministry of Power [D]Ministry of Shipping
53. Who among the following is current Chinese Vice President?
[A]Wang Yong [B]Li Yuanchao [C]Yang Jing [D]Li Keqiang
54. Which country topped the 2015 Global Prosperity Index?
[A]Switzerland [B]Norway [C]Denmark [D]Sweden
55. What is the minimum and maximum investment allowed under the Sovereign Gold Bond Scheme (SGBS) 2015?
[A]2 grams and 500 grams of physical gold
[B]5 grams and 400 grams of physical gold
[C]2grams and 400 grams of physical gold
[D]5 grams and 500 grams of physical gold
56. Which state has launched APJ Abdul Kalam Amrut Yojna?
[A]Madhya Pradesh [B]Gujarat [C]Tamil Nadu [D]Maharashtra
57. Indian origin Harjit Sajjan has been sworn in as Defence Minister of which country?
[A]Australia [B]Mauritius [C]Canada [D]Singapore
58. Which was the host country of recent ASEAN Defence Ministers Meeting (ADMM)-Plus?
[A]Malaysia [B]Indonesia [C]Vietnam [D]Singapore
59. Who is the author of the book titled – ‘Rebooting India: Realizing a Billion Aspirations’?
[A]Satyarth Joshi [B]Nandan Nilekani
[C]Ratan Tata [D]Vishal Sikka
60. Who has been nominated as life President of the Hockey India?
[A]Vidya Stokes [B]Sharad Pawar
[C]Mukhal Roy [D]Manpreeth Singh
61. What is the Swachh Bharat cess on services?
[A]0.25% [B]0.50% [C]0.75% [D]1.00%
62. Who is the winner of the 2015 Vishnudas Bhave Award?
[A]Ashok Saraf [B]Vikram Gokhale
[C]Mohan Gokhale [D]Neena Kulkarni
63. Who is the fastest Indian bowler to reach 150-Test wicket landmark?
[A]Mohammed Shami [B]Umesh Yadav
[C]Bhuvaneshwar Kumar [D]Ravichandran Ashwin
64. Heena Sidhu is related to which sports?
[A]Handball [B]Badminton [C]Shooting [D]Archery
65. Which Indian state is set to develop first Mega Tourism Circuit of the country?
[A]Himachal Pradesh [B]Kerala [C]Karnataka [D]Gujarat
66. Which of the following has been named as World’s healthiest country?
[A]Italy [B]Singapore [C]Australia [D]Switzerland
67. Which Indian state has the highest graduate unemployment rate?
[A]Tamil Nadu [B]Mizoram [C]Kerala [D]Punjab
68. The 2015 Paragliding World Cup (PWC) was held in which state?
[A]Assam [B]Himachal Pradesh
[C]Uttarakhand [D]Arunachal Pradesh
69. Under Indian Gold Coin 2015, what denominations of gold coins are issued?
[A]5, 10 and 15 grams [B]5, 10 and 20 grams
[C]10, 15 and 20 grams [D]10, 15 and 25 grams
70. National Institute of Nutrition (NIN) is located in which city?
[A]Mumbai [B]Hyderabad [C]Chennai [D]Kolkata
71. Mana Patel and Virdhawal Khade are related to which sports?
[A]Wrestling [B]Boxing [C]Swimming [D]Shooting
72. Which country is World No. 1 in FIFA latest rankings?
[A]Brazil [B]Belgium [C]Germany [D]Argentina
73. China -Taiwan summit was held in which country?
[A]Indonesia [B]Singapore [C]Thailand [D]Vietnam
74. Who is appointed as MD of Oxford University Press India (OUPI)?
[A]V Sivaramakrishnan [B]Vivek Patel
[C]Santosh Kulkarni [D]Satish Yadav
75. Which of the following ministries has launched SATYAM programme?
[A]Ministry of Finance [B]Ministry of External Affairs
[C]Ministry of Science and Technology [D]Ministry of Power
76. Which committee has recommended major changes in IIT entrance examination?
[A]Ashok Misra committee [B]Rameshwar committee
[C]Rajesh Arora committee [D]Alok Naik committee
77. Baglihar Hydro Electric Power Project is located in which Indian state?
[A]Himachal Pradesh [B]Jammu and Kashmir [C]Uttarakhand [D]Punjab
78. Which country is sending its largest warship against Islamic State (IS) in Syria and Iraq?
[A]France [B]Britain [C]Canada [D]USA
79. Which Indian boxer registered his second successive knockout triumph?
[A]Mandeep Jangra [B]Akhil Kumar
[C]Jitender Kumar [D]Vijender Singh
80. Who is the new Prime Minister of Canada?
[A]Vivian Barbot [B]Denis Lebel
[C]David Johnston [D]Justin Trudeau
81. First international film festival for the persons with disabilities (IFFPD) will be held in which city?
[A]Jaipur [B]New Delhi [C]Bangalore [D]Panaji
82. Which of the following countries launched the satellite named Yaogan-28?
[A]South Korea [B]North Korea [C]Japan [D]China
83. INDRA-2015, is the joint military exercise of India with which country?
[A]Britain [B]France [C]Russia [D]USA
84. Who ranked first in the Fortune India list of 50 most-powerful businesswomen for 2015?
[A]Chanda Kochhar [B]Shikha Sharma
[C]Arundhati Bhattacharya [D]Nishi Vasudeva
85. Which country has been declared free of Ebola by the World Health Organisation (WHO) on 7th November, 2015?
[A]Guinea [B]Liberia [C]Sierra Leone [D]Nigeria
86. Which satellite will be launched by ISRO to study on solar eclipses?
[A]Satellite Surya [B]Satellite Aditya [C]Satellite Bhaskara [D]Satellite Agni
87. What is the deadline to achieve all villages electrification under Deendayal Upadhyaya Grameen Jyoti Yojana ( DDUGJY)?
[A]31st March 2016 [B]2nd October 2016
[C]31st December 2016 [D]31st March 2017
88. What is name of the Indian culture week launched in China, recently?
[A]India in Beijing [B]India in Shanghai [C]India in Tianjin [D]India in China
89. National Centre for Radio Astrophysics is located in which city?
[A]Jaipur [B]Chennai [C]Hyderabad [D]Pune
90. NITI Aayog’s task force on agriculture was headed by?
[A]Ramesh Chand [B]Arvind Panagariya
[C]M S Swaminathan [D]Bibek Debroy
91. Which day is celebrated as National Legal Services Day (NLSD) in India?
[A]5 November [B]7 November
[C]9 November [D]11 November
92. What is the range of India’s strategic missile – Agni-IV?
[A]2500 KM [B]3000 KM [C]3500 KM [D]4000 KM
93. Who is appointed as the first Ombudsman at BCCI?
[A]S K Kapur [B]K.S. Hedge [C]A P Shah [D]H.R. Khanna
94. Who is the author of the book titled – ‘To the Brink and Back: India’s 1991 Story’?
[A]C Rangarajan [B]Jairam Ramesh [C]Mani Subramanian [D]Manmohan Singh
95. Recently, which partially recognized states’s proposal for membership was rejected by UNESCO?
[A]Somaliland [B]Palestine [C]Sahrawi [D]Kosovo
96. Which among the following countries will host the World Humanitarian Summit in 2016?
[A]France [B]Russia [C]Germany [D]Turkey
97. First Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav was held in which city?
[A]Kolkata [B]New Delhi [C]Chennai [D]Ahmedabad
98. What is the name of India’s maiden indigenous massive online open courseware for students?
[A]Swayam [B]Mythri [C]Vidyam [D]Sakshar
99. Which of the following global companies bagged the contracts for setting up of locomotive factories in Bihar?
[A]Alstom and Siemens [B]GE and Alstom
[C]Bombardier Inc. and Siemens [D]GE and Siemens
100. Which of the following holds the sobriquet “City of Letters”?
[A]Kottayam [B]Madurai [C]Mysuru [D]Patna
101. Which is the first Indian state to launch auction of mines?
[A]West Bengal [B]Gujarat [C]Tamil Nadu [D]Karnataka
102. Who is appointed as vice-chairman of the Bank of International Settlement (BIS)?
[A]Nachiket M. Mor [B]C Rangarajan
[C]Raghuram Rajan [D]D Subbarao
103. Which day is celebrated as World Science Day for Peace and Development 2015?
[A]6th November [B]8th November
[C]10th November [D]12th November
104. The Union Government has constituted a committee to study about the following rivers?
[A]River Godavari [B]River Saraswati
[C]River Krishna [D]River Narmada
105. Which among the following organisations published the report titled – ‘World Energy Outlook 2015’?
[A]World Bank [B]International Energy Agency (IEA) [C]International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) [D]International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA)
10 6. What is the enhanced FIPB’s monetary limit to approve foreign investment proposals?
[A]Rs 3,500 crore [B]Rs 4,000 crore [C]Rs 4,500 crore [D]Rs 5,000 crore
107. What percent of FDI is allowed in Coffee plantation in India?
[A]49% [B]51% [C]70% [D]100%
108. As per Census 2011, which state has lowest female literacy rate in India?
[A]Bihar [B]Rajasthan [C]Assam [D]Madhya Pradesh
109. The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of UN has declared the year 2016 as the __? [A]International Year of Soils [B]International Year of Family Farming [C]International Year of Quinoa [D]International Year of Pulses
110. India is a member of which of the following organisations?
1. International law Commission (ILC) 2. International Court of Justice (ICJ) 3. International Criminal Court (ICC) Select the correct option from the codes given below:
[A]1 and 2 only [B]1 and 3 only [C]2 and 3 only [D]All of them
answer-1.C 2.C 3.C 4.A 5.C 6. C 7.D 8.B 9.A 10.C 11.B 12.B 13. B
- D B 16.B 17.C 18.B 19.D 20.C 21.C 22.B 23.D 24.B 25.D
- C 28.A 29.B 30.D 31.D 32.A 33. D 34.D 35.C 36.B
37. B 38.A 39.D 40.C 41.B 42.D 43.C 44.C 45.B 46.C 47.B 48.B 49.B 50.D 51.C 52.C 53.B 54.B 55.A 56.D 57.C 58.A 59.B 60.A 61.B 62.B 63.D 64.C 65.B 66.B 67.C 68.B 69.B 70.B 71.C 72.B 73.B 74.A 75.C 76.A 77.B 78.A 79.D 80.D 81.B 82.D 83.C 84.C