EXAMINATION NOTICE NO.10/2018-NDA-II DATED 06.06.2018
(Last Date for Submission of Applications: 02.07.2018)
NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY & NAVAL ACADEMY EXAMINATION (II), 2018
(Commission’s Website upsc.gov.in)
- CANDIDATES TO ENSURE THEIR ELIGIBILITY FOR THE EXAMINATION: The candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfil all the eligibility conditions for admission to the Examination. Their admission at all the stages of the examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions.
Mere issue of Admission Certificate to the candidate will not imply that his candidature has been finally cleared by the Commission. Verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents is taken up only after the candidate has qualified for interview/Personality Test.
- HOW TO APPLY Candidates are required to apply online by using the website upsconline.nic.in Brief instructions for filling up the online Application Form have been given in the Appendix-II. Detailed instructions are available on the above mentioned website.
- LAST DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS: The Online Applications can be filled upto 02nd July, 2018 till 6.00 PM.
- The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admit Card three weeks before the commencement of the examination. The e-Admit Card will be made available on the UPSC website (upsc.gov.in) for being downloaded by candidates. No Admit Card will be sent by post. All the applicants are required to provide valid & active e-mail id while filling up online application form as the Commission may use electronic mode for contacting them.
- PENALITY FOR WRONG ANSWERS: Candidates should note that there will be penalty (Negative Marking) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the Objective Type Question Papers.
- For both writing and marking answers in the OMR sheet (Answer Sheet) candidates must use black ball pen only Pens with any other colour are prohibited. Do not use Pencil or Ink pen. Candidates should note that any omission/mistake/discrepancy in encoding/filling of details in the OMR answer sheet especially with regard to Roll Number and Test Booklet Series Code will render the answer sheet liable for rejection. Candidates are further advised to read carefully the “Special Instructions” contained in Appendix-III of the Notice.
- FACILITATION COUNTER FOR GUIDANCE OF CANDIDATES: In case of any guidances/information/clarification regarding their application, candidature etc. candidates can contact UPSC’s Facilitation Counter near Gate ‘C’ of its campus in person or over Telephone No.011-23385271/011-23381125/011- 23098543 on working days between 10.00 hrs. to 17.00 hrs.
- MOBILE PHONES BANNED: (a) Mobiles phones, pagers/bluetooth or any other communication devices are not allowed inside the premises where the examination is being conducted. Any infringement of these instructions shall entail disciplinary action including ban from future examinations. (b) Candidates are advised in their own interest not to bring any of the banned items including mobile phones/pagers/bluetooth or any valuable/costly items to the venue of the examination as arrangements for safe keeping cannot be assured. Commission will not be responsible for any loss in this regard.
F.No.7/3/2018.E.1(B): An Examination will be conducted by the Union Public Service Commission on 9 th September, 2018 for admission to the Army, Navy and Air Force wings of the NDA for the 142nd Course, and for the 104th Indian Naval Academy Course (INAC) commencing from 2 nd July, 2019.
The date of holding the examination as mentioned above is liable to be changed at the discretion of the Commission. The approximate number of vacancies to be filled on the results of this examination will be as under :—
National Defence Academy : 339 (208 for Army, 39 for Navy and 92 for Air Force)
Naval Academy : 44 (10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme)
Total : 383
- CONDITIONS OF ELIGIBILITY : (a) Nationality : A candidate must be unmarried male and must be : (i) a citizen of India, or (ii) a subject of Bhutan, or (iii) a subject of Nepal, or (iv) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or (v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India. Certificate of eligibility will not, however, be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
(b) Age Limits, Sex and Marital Status : Only unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 02nd January, 2000 and not later than 1 st January, 2003 are eligible. The date of birth accepted by the Commission is that entered in the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate or in a certificate recognised by an Indian University as equivalent to Matriculation or in an extract from a Register of Matriculates maintained by a University which must be certified by the proper authority of the University or in the Secondary School Examination or an equivalent examination certificates. These certificates are required to be submitted only after the declaration of the result of the written part of the examination. No other document relating to age like horoscopes, affidavits, birth extracts from Municipal Corporation, service records and the like will be accepted. The expression Matriculation/ Secondary School Examination Certificate in this part of the instruction includes the alternative certificates mentioned above. NOTE 1 : Candidates should note that only the date of birth as recorded in the Matriculation/ Secondary School Examination Certificate available or an equivalent certificate on the date of submission of applications will be accepted by the Commission and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
NOTE 2 : Candidates should also note that once a date of birth has been claimed by them and entered in the records of the Commission for the purpose of admission to an Examination, no change will be allowed subsequently or at any subsequent examination on any ground whatsoever.
(c) Educational Qualifications:
(i) For Army Wing of National Defence Academy :—12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
(ii) For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy :—12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University. Candidates who are appearing in the 12th Class under the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination can also apply for this examination.
(d) Physical Standards: Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination (II), 2018 as per guidelines given in Appendix-IV. (e) A candidate who has resigned or withdrawn on disciplinary grounds from any of the training academies of Armed Forces is not eligible to apply.
(e) A candidate who has resigned or withdrawn on disciplinary grounds from any of the training academies of Armed Forces is not eligible to apply.
- FEE Candidates (excepting SC/ST candidates/Sons of JCOs/NCOs/ORs specified in Note 2 below who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 100/- (Rupees one hundred only) either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India or by using Visa/MasterCard/Rupay Credit/Debit Card.
online apply and notification – click here