HPPSC Allied Services Subordinate Syllabus
Himachal Pradesh Subordinate Allied Services/ Posts (Class-III, Non Gazetted) Examination
HPSSC Subordinate Allied Service Exam
|Sr No||Name of Department||Name of Post|
|1.||Excise and Taxation||Excise & Taxation Inspectors (Regular basis)|
|2.||Food Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs||Inspector Grade-I (FCS & CA) (Contract basis)|
|3.||Cooperation||Inspector (Audit) Cooperative Societies (Contract basis)|
|4.||Industries||Extension Officer (Industries) (Contract basis)|
|5.||Election||Election Kanungo (Contract basis)|
Eligibility Criteria for HPPSC Allied Services Exam.
Age Limit: Between 18 years and 45 years.
Candidate must hold a bachelor degree of any of the universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be a deemed university under section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 or possesses an equivalent qualification. Desirable: Knowledge of Customs, manners and dialects of Himachal Pradesh and suitability for appointment in peculiar conditions prevailing in the Pradesh.
Application Fee for HPPSC Allied Services Subordinate Exam.
- General Category : Rs. 400/-,
- General BPL : Rs. 100/-,
- S.C. of H.P. /S.T. of H.P. /O.B.C. of H.P. : Rs. 100/-,
- Ex-Servicemen of H.P. :No Fee
Mode of Payment :
The candidates can pay requisite examination fee either through „e-Challan’ or ‘e-Payment’ option
- (a) The candidates can deposit the requisite examination fees at any branch of Punjab National Bank through an (e-Challan) generated through the website of the Commission, Thereafter, the candidates are required to visit again the above mentioned website to access the home page of the “On Line Application Filling System” by entering User ID and Password earlier created by the candidates on or before the last date prescribed for submission of online recruitment applications (ORA). Click on “FEE DETAILS” and enter the details of “Branch Code / Name, Transaction Number and date of deposit” and then click on “Update Fee Details”.
- (b) The Candidates can also pay the requisite examination fee through Debit or Credit Card of any bank.
Scheme of HPPSC Allied Services Subordinate Exam
An objective type Preliminary Examination of three hours‟ duration, will be conducted consisting of one paper of 200 Questions one mark each of multiple choice answers for short listing the candidates for the Main examination. The marks obtained by the candidates in the Preliminary Examination will not be counted for determining their final order of merit.
The number of candidates to be called for (Main) written examination will be 20 times of the total number of posts advertised. The candidates having been declared qualified in the Preliminary Examination will be entitled for admission to the (Main) written examination consisting of three papers. The candidate shall have to pass all the three subjects.
Note:- There will be negative marking for incorrect answers (as detailed below) for all questions:-
- There are four alternatives for the answers to every question. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate, on fourth (0.25) of the marks assigned to that question will be deduced as penalty.
- If a candidate gives more than one answer, it will be treated as wrong answer even if one of the given answers happen to be correct and there will be same penalty as above for that question.
- If a question is left blank i.e. no answer is given by the candidate, there will be no penalty for that question.
The candidates who are declared qualified in the Preliminary Examination shall be required to submit requisite documents in support of their eligibility for Main written examination separately on the prescribed application form, which will be uploaded on the official website of the Commission after the declaration of result of Preliminary Examination. No separate intimation will be issued in this regard.
Preference list for the posts advertised under rules, as mentioned in the Application Form shall be filled in / indicated by the candidate at the time of submission of application form for the main examination and the candidate will be selected in order of merit in accordance to the order of preference list. Once preference list has been submitted, no change / amendment therein shall be permitted and no representation will be considered in this regard.
The candidates will be considered for selection only for those posts and in the order as indicated by him/her in the preference list. They will not be considered for any post not mentioned by them in the preference list, irrespective of the fact that in the order of merit they are eligible for selection to the posts.
If a candidate has not submitted the preference list duly filled in, to the Commission, or has submitted the preference list without his/her signature or has not expressed any choice / preference whatsoever in the preference list, will be considered for all posts in the order in which these have been listed in the advertisement.
Exam Pattern & Syllabus HPPSC Allied Services Subordinate Exam
There are 02 Stages of Examination:
- Prelim Examination – 200 Marks
- Main Examination –500 Marks
HPPSC Allied Services Subordinate Exam Syllabus
Himachal Pradesh Subordinate Allied Services Examination, Prelims Paper is Objective type and of 03 hours consisting of 200 marks
- History, Geography and socio economic development of Himachal Pradesh. – 60 marks
- Knowledge of current events of national and international importance and such matters of every day observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific subject. –60 marks
- Modern History (From 1857 onwards) of India, Indian culture, Indian Polity, Indian Economy, Geography of India, and Disaster Management. Environment and Gender issues and teaching of Mahatma Gandhi. – 80 marks
HPPSC Allied Services Syllabus for Main Examination:
Paper No.I – English (Conventional) – 150 Marks – 03 hours
Candidates will be required to answer questions designed to test their understanding of English and workmen like use of words .Some of the questions will be devised to test also their reasoning power, their capacity to perceive implications their ability to distinguish between the important and the less important and to write an essay. Passage will usually be set for summary or précis. Credit will be given for concise the effective expression.
Paper No.II – Hindi (Conventional) – 150 Marks – 03 hours
- i) Translation of an English Passage into Hindi.
- ii) Explanation of Hindi passage in Prose and Poetry in same language.
iii) Composition (Essay, Idioms, Correction etc).
Paper No. III – General Knowledge – 200 Marks – 03 hours
History, geography, and socio economic development of Himachal Pradesh. Knowledge of current events of National and International importance and of such matter of every day observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific subject. The paper will also include questions on Modern History (From 1857 onwards) of India, Indian culture, Indian polity, Indian Economy and Geography of India of such nature as candidates should be able to answer without special study and question on the teachings of Mahatma Gandhi.