History Quiz -2 (For SSC – STAFF SELECTION COMMISSION)
11. Rajatarangini, a book that generally recorded the heritage of Kashmir in the 12th Century, was written by__:
[A]Pravaragupta [B]Kalhana [C]Lalitapida [D]Kashyapa
12 Which of the following Harappan towns is divided into three parts ?
[A] Kalibanga [B] Lothal [C] Chanhudaro [D] Dholavira
13.Which among the following can best define the Neolithic Revolution ?
[A]Green Revolution [B]Technology Revolution [C]Milk Revolution [D]Agricultural Revolution
14.Which of the following is the most common motif of the Indus Seals ?
[A] Unicorn [B] Bull [C] Rhinoceros [D] Elephant
15.With which among the following Vedas, the Shatapatha Brahmana is related to___?
[A] Rigveda [B] Yajurveda [C] Samaveda [D] Atharvaveda
16.That the homeland of the Aryans was Arctic Region, was propounded by ___?
[A] Max Muller [B] Edward Meyer [C] Bal Gangadhar Tilak [D] Herzefeld
17.Which of the following was not a diety of the Harappans?
[A] Shiva [B] Mother Goddess [C] Peepal Tree [D] Vishnu
18.Robert Bruce Foote, who discovered first Palaeolithic tools in India, was originally ___?
[A] Palaeobotanist [B] Geologist [C] Archaeologist [D] Historian
19.King Ashvapati of the Upanishadic Age was the ruler of which among the following Kingdoms?
[A] Kekaya [B] Matsya [C] Panchala [D] Sursena
20.Which among the following places has given the earliest evidence of agriculture in Indian Subcontinent?
[A] Brahmagiri [B] Chirand [C] Mehrgarh [D] Burzahom
Answer-11.B 12.D 13.D 14.A 15.B 16.C 17.D 18.B 19.A 20.C
SSC HISTORY QUIZ -1 ( DECEMBER 2014)
1. Who among the following was the 23rd Jain Tirthankara ?
[A]Nemi Natha [B]Mahavira [C]Parshvanath [D]Malinath
2. The Satapatha Brahmana and Taitriya Brahmana are the Brahmana texts of ___:
[A]Rigveda [B]Yajurveda [C]Samaveda [D]Atharavaveda
3. Which among the following is the most unique feature of Dholavira site of the Indus Valley Civilization?
[A]Its cities were horizontally divided in multiple parts [B]Its cities were unevenly divided
[C]Its cities were divided into 3 parts [D]None of these
4. Which among the subsequent places have given the earliest proof of agriculture in Indian subcontinent?
[A]Pratapgarh [B]Mehrgarh [C]Quetta [D]Kalat
5. Which among the following Vakataka ruler performed all the seven sacrifices viz. Agnishtoma, Aptoryama, Ukthya, Shodasin, Atiratra, Vajapeya, Brihaspatisava, Sadyaskra and four Asvamedhas ?
[A]Rudrasena-I [B]Pravarsena-I [C]Prithvisena-I [D]Narendrasena-I
6. As per Asoka’s inscriptions, that among the subsequent place was declared tax free and announced solely 1/8th half as taxable?
[A]Kushinagar [B]Lumbini [C]Kathmandu [D]Sarnath
7. Who among the following succeeded Samudragupta as the next ruler of Gupta Dynasty ?
[A]Chandragupta II [B]Chandragupta I [C]Vishnugupta [D]Mahendra
8 The last ruler of the Mauryan Dynasty, who was dead by Pushyamitra Sunga, his commander-in-chief was__ ?
[A]Bindusara [B]Chandragupta [C]Brihadrata [D]Ashokavardhan
9. Which among the following kings was also known as Mamallan (great wrestler)?
[A]Pulakesi II [B]Mahendravarman I [C]Narasimhavarman I [D]None of the above
10. Who among the following Kushan Emperors was the first to introduce the gold coinage in India?
[A]Vima Kadphises [B]Vima Taktu [C]Vasishka [D]Kujula Kadphises
1 QUIZ- 1.C 2.B 3.C 4.B 5.B 6.B 7.A 8.C 9.C 10.A