Current Affairs Quiz August 2018
1) Which nation topped the E-Government Development Survey 2018?
D) United States of America
2) Which is the country’s most valued firm by market capitalisation?
A) Reliance Industries Ltd
C) Tata Consultancy Services
3) Which 1st Indian American Lady has been appointed as the CEO of the Democratic National Committee (DNC)?
A) Amana Nanda
B) Seema Bohra
C) Seema Nanda
D) Mary Beth Cahill
4) Who will be awarded with the 24th Rajiv Gandhi National Goodwill Award?
A) Sushmita Sen
B) Kapil Dev
C) Rajat Sharma
D) Gopal Krishna Gandhi
5) Which Bank was awarded as the best performing primary lending institution in credit linked subsidy scheme (CLSS)?
A) Axis Bank
B) ICICI Bank
C) HDFC Bank
6) Which bank raises retail fixed deposit rates by 5-10 bps?
B) DCB Bank
C) ICICI Bank
D) YES Bank
7) Who won gold medal at the Yasar Dogu International in Istanbul, Turkey?
A) Bajrang Punia
B) Sandeep Tomar
C) Sakshi Malik
D) Sushil Kumar
8) GDP predicted to which % in second half of 2018, according to Nomura?
9) Which State has topped in the State Energy Efficiency Preparedness Index 2018?
A) Madhya Pradesh
D) Andhra Pradesh
10) First ‘Nepal-India Think Tank’ Summit was held in which city?
11) Who has reappointed HDFC director?
A) Partho Datta
B) Bobby Parikh
C) Deepak Parekh
D) Shyamala Gopinath
12) Which State becomes first State to implement Centre’s ‘Biofuel Policy’?
D) Andhra Pradesh
13) Which Bank Hikes Repo rate by 25 base points?
A) Andhra Bank
B) YES Bank
C) Bank of Baroda
14) Which of the following has been awarded by Outstanding Parliamentarian award for 2017?
A) Shri Bhartruhari Mahtab
B) Smt Najma Heptulla
C) Shri Hukmdev Narayan Yadav
D) Shri Ghulam Nabi Azad
15) Who has won 2018 RBC Canadian open golf title?
A) Tiger Woods
B) Jack Nicklaus
C) Dustin Johnson
D) Arnold Palmer
16) John Sankaramangalam popularly known as ___________?
B) Film Maker
17) The Govt of India reported a fiscal deficit of Rs _______ trillion ($62.57 billion) for April – June 2018.
18) Which has passed the National Defense Authorisation Act-2019?
B) United States Department of Commerce
C) United States Department of Defense
D) United States Congress
19) Who has appointed as joint CEO & CIO of IIFL Mutual Fund?
A) Anup Maheshwari
B) Apoorva Tiwari
C) Arun Malkani
D) Geeta Mathur
20) Ballistic Missile Interceptor AAD Successfully flight tested at from which State?
A) Himachal Pradesh
21) Recently Akshay Venkatesh got prestigious Field Medal. In which field this award is given?
22) Which company becomes 1st US-based company?
C) Microsoft Corporation
23) Who won a gold medal in the Savo Games?
A) Hima Das
B) Neeraj Chopra
C) Anisa Sayyed
D) Jitu Rai
24) Recently Jalees Sherwani Passed away. He was a ________?
A) Football Player
C) Screenplay Writer
25) Incumbent Emmerson Mnangagwa has been re-elected as Which country President?
26) India’s economy is expected to clock GDP growth of __________ in this financial year?
27) Who has been appointed as Secretary (East) in the Ministry of External Affairs?
A) Subhash Chandra Garg
B) B.T. S. Tirumurti
C) Vijay Thakur Singh
D) Ruchi Ghanashyam
28 Which Indian companies have been listed in Fortune 500 list 2018 of world biggest corporations?
29) Which Bank has projected the GDP growth at 7.4% for this fiscal year?
B) Andhra Bank
D) YES Bank
30) Who has awarded Hindi Sahitya Samman?
A) Raji Sethi
B) Kanwal Bharti
C) Javed Akhtar
D) Asad Zaidi
31) Clark Kent beat a record that Which Swimmer?
A) Ryan Lochte
B) Michael Phelps
C) Katie Ledecky
D) Missy Franklin
32) Popular Malayalam Ghazal singer who has passed away recently?
A) Ravi Shankar
B) Shivkumar Sharma
C) Bismillah Khan
answers- 1. B 2: A 3. C 4. D 5. C 6. A 7. A 8. D 9.D 10.A 11. C 12. B 13.D 14. A 15. C 16.B 17. B `18: D 19 A 20 D 21. C 22: A 23.B 24.C 25. B 26.A 27. C 28.A 29.: A 30.C 31 B 32. D