Chandigarh Administration recruitment for Junior Auditors post 2014
GENERAL INFORMATION FOR THE CANDIDATES:
Online Applications are invited from the eligible candidates for the direct recruitment to the posts of Junior Auditors in the Local Audit Department, Chandigarh Administration.
Sr. No. Name of thePost Total General SC OBC
1. Junior Auditor 9 7 1 1
3.0 Pay Scale: – Rs. 10300-34800+4400 Grade Pay with initial Pay of Rs. 17420/-. #
# (In addition to this all allowances shall be paid as per rules/instructions of Chandigarh Administration).
Sr. No. Name of Post Essential Qualification
1. Junior Auditor B.Com. / Bachelors of Business Studies/ Bachelors of Business Administration from a recognized University.
Desirable qualification -M.Com/MBA (Finance)/ PGDM (Finance)/Costs and Management Accountant with certificate course in computers.
5.0 AGE AS ON CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS :
• General : Not exceeding 30 years
• OBC : Not exceeding 33 years
• SC : Not exceeding 35 years
• Applicants who are already in : Not exceeding 35 years Government Service
• Candidates already in Government service shall be considered for selection only on production of ‘No Objection Certificate’ from the department concerned at the time of interview.
• Any other question as to the eligibility shall be determined in accordance with the rules & instructions issued by the Chandigarh Administration from time to time.
6.0 NATIONALITY :
A candidate shall be a citizen of India.
7.0 SCHEME OF EXAMINATION AND OTHER IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS RELATED WITH EXAMINATION:
7.1 Scheme of examination:
(i) There will be a written test consisting of 100 Objective Type Questions with multiple choice answers each carrying 1 mark and duration of test will be of 2 hours.
‘(ii) The structure of written test is as follows:
Sr. Subjects Questions Total Marks No.
1. Language Proficiency English (Vocabulary & Grammar) 10 10
2. General Knowledge 10 10
3. Computer Basics 10 10
4. Mental Ability, Reasoning & Arithmetic (10th Level) 20 20
5. Accounts and Audit(Graduate Level) 50 50
Total 100 100
(iii) The question booklet will carry questions in English only.
(iv) There will be no negative marking.
(v) The question paper and the answer key will be placed on the website on next day of exam for inviting objections to answers, if any.
(vi) The objection to any answer can be filed by the candidate on the website itself on clicking the option of objection. The objections can be filed within three (3) days from the date of display of answer key.
(vii) The written test shall be conducted only at Chandigarh.
7.2. Other important instructions related with examination:
i) The standard of question would be to test the knowledge as expected of a person who has attained education at least up to graduation level.
ii) Written test will be conducted and thereafter an interview will be held by the Selection Committee of the Local Audit Department of the candidates equal to three times of the number of posts on merit. The interview of the candidates will be held only to adjudge their eligibility after verifying the documents in support of essential qualifications, desirable qualifications, age etc. and to ascertain that there is no complaint in Vigilance Department,
Police Department against them and not debarred for appointment to Government Service by any Government Department/ Board/ Commission/ Corporation etc. through Affidavit duly attested by Ist Class Magistrate/Public Notary. There will be no marks/Weightage for the interview.
Iii) In case of any tie between two or more candidates regarding marks obtained in written test, the candidate with higher marks in essential qualification will be placed higher in merit.
iv) No TA/DA will be admissible to the candidates for appearing in the test/interview.
8.0 APPLICATION FEE
GENERAL and OBC CATEGORY Rs. 600 S.C. CATEGORY Rs. 300
8.1 The requisite fee can only be deposited in any of State Bank of Patiala branches.
Fee paid in any other bank or in any other format (Cheque, Postal Order, Demand Draft etc.) will not be accepted.
8.2 The Candidate’s will retain the copy of fee deposited for submitting at the time of interview.
9.0 IMPORTANT DATES
S. No. Activity Last Date
1. Start date for ONLINE submission of application form 27.09.2014- 3 –
2. Last date for ONLINE submission of application form 17.10.2014
3. Last date for submission of fee 20.10.2014
4. Date of Written Test 09.11.2014
10.0 CONDITIONS WHICH MAY RENDER A CANDIDATE INELIGIBLE:
The following conditions, among others, may render the candidates ineligible:
10.1 Wrong/incomplete information given in the application form.
10.2 Candidates debarred by the UPSC/other Public Service Commissions/any Government Department, agencies, board or corporations.
10.3 Non-fulfillment of any of the eligibility conditions, including those of age and educational qualifications.
11.0 IMPORTANT NOTE
11.1 Scheduled Caste candidates are eligible for the benefit of reservation, whose caste stands notified by Chandigarh Administration and the certificate has been issued by the competent authority for the purpose.
11.2 Other Backward classes candidates are eligible for the benefit of reservation whose caste is included in the list of OBC notified by the Chandigarh Administration as well as by the Govt. of India and the certificate has been issued by the competent authority for the purpose.
11.3 A candidate should indicate the specific category carefully for which he/she wants to be considered and category once opted and submitted after completion of form cannot be changed in any circumstances. Candidate has to produce the relevant certificates when asked. In case of non-production of certificate or found non-eligible on the basis of certificate produced, his/her candidature shall be cancelled, any request to consider him/her in other category shall not be accepted.
11.4 The candidature of the candidate shall be provisional till the time of verification of documents of the candidate at the time of Interview, when the candidate shall produce his/her original certificates for verification by the Local Audit Department authorities
11.5 If any document/certificate/statement of the candidate is found false or forged at any stage, is/her candidature will be rejected and further action will betaken as per law.
Note: (1) For any inquiry candidates may contact the Local Audit Department office on telephone number 0172-2541501, 2534803, and 2534801 from Monday to Friday, between 9 AM and 5 PM or by sending email with subject as “QUERY REGARDING THE POST OF Junior Auditor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: (2) Candidates are advised in their own interest to apply using Online Application Form much before the closing date and not to wait till the last date to avoid congestion on web server on account of heavy load on Internet/Website. No request on this ground shall be entertained for extension in last date of application.
Note :(3) Candidates are advised to go through the General Information and Online Instructions (‘How to apply’) carefully before filling up Online Application Form. Request of change/correction in any particular in the Application Form shall not be entertained under any circumstance. The Local Audit Department shall not be responsible for any consequence arising out of incorrect filling up of application Form.
Important Instructions/ Information
S. No. Activity Last Date
1. Start date for ONLINE submission of application form 27.09.2014
2. Last date for ONLINE submission of application form 17.10.2014
3. Last date for submission of fee 20.10.2014
4. Date of written test 09.11.2014
1. GENERAL AND OBC CATEGORY : Rs. 600/-
2. SC CATEGORY : Rs. 300/-
i) For any inquiry candidates may contact the Local Audit Department, Chandigarh Administration office on telephone number 0172-2541501, 2534803, 2534801 from Monday to Friday, between 9 AM and 5 PM or by sending email with subject as “QUERY REGARDING THE POST OF Junior Auditor at email@example.com
ii) Candidates are advised in their own interest to apply using Online Application Form much before the closing date and not to wait till the last date to avoid congestion on web server on account of heavy load on Internet/Website. No request on this ground shall be entertained for extension in last date of application.
iii) Candidates are advised to go through the General Information and Online Instructions carefully before filling up Online Application Form. Request of change/correction in any particular in the Application Form shall not be entertained under any circumstance. The Local Audit Department, Chandigarh Administration shall not be responsible for any consequence arising out of incorrect filling up of Application Form.
How to Apply
1. Candidates are required to apply online through Chandigarh Administration website www.chandigarh.nic.in No other means / mode of application (through post, email, fax, deposit of CV etc.) will be accepted.
2. Firstly ensure that you have a valid personal email ID. In case, a candidate does not have a valid personal email ID, he/she should create his/her new email ID before applying Online. Candidate should keep checking the inbox or even the spam box of this email id regularly during the recruitment process as Local Audit Department, Chandigarh Administration may send intimations for written Exam etc. through this mode.
3. Please scan your Photograph and Signatures (On white page) individually and save them individually in JPEG format. The size of any of these individual images should not exceed 100 kb each; otherwise candidate will not be able to submit his/her online application.
4. Please keep following details ready with you before clicking on the “Online Application Form” button for starting your online application.
a. Personal demographic details including Date of Birth and Nationality b. Detail of qualification i.e. name of exam, year of passing, marks obtained, total marks, %age marks etc.
c. Mobile Number
d. Personal Email ID
e. Reservation Category Details
f. Soft Copies of scanned Photograph and Signatures.
5. YOU ARE NOW READY TO APPLY ONLINE.
6. Go to the website www.chandigarh.nic.in and then click on Public Notice. After that click on the link ‘Local Audit Department – Recruitment – 2014’. Further click on ‘Online Application Form’. Clicking on this, will open the Online Application Form. –
7. Carefully fill in the details one by one. The name of the candidate or his/her father/mother/husband etc. should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the certificates/mark sheets. Any change/alteration found may disqualify the candidature.
8. Upload the scanned copies of photograph, signatures and click continue.
9. This will Display your login id and password. Please note these down and keep them safe with you as you will require these while logging into the recruitment portal.
Candidate will be required to download the Admit Card from this portal later on by logging through the same login id and password.
10. Click Continue to Complete Application Form.
11. This will take candidate to the Declaration page.
12. Go through Declaration Para carefully. If you fulfill all conditions and criteria of the Employment Notice, then and only then check the “Declaration Confirmed & Accepted” box. You shall be liable for furnishing any incorrect information.
13. Now you are ready to submit the Application form by clicking on the button Submit Form.
14. Once candidate click the button Submit Form, you are ready to print Bank Challan.
15. Click on the link “BANK CHALLAN” and take a print out of the challan form.
16. WAIT FOR 24 HOURS BEFORE YOU DEPOSIT THE FEE AS IT WILL TAKE MINIMUM 24 HOURS TO TRANSMIT YOUR DATA TO THE BANK.
17. Based on the category in which you intend to apply, the following Fees will have to be paid:
a. General and OBC Category : Rs. 600/-
b. SC Category : Rs. 300/-
18. It is important to note that the requisite fee can only be deposited in any of State Bank of Patiala branches. Fee paid in any other bank or in any other format (Cheque, Postal Order, Demand Draft etc.) will not be accepted.
19. After depositing the fee, you will get Candidate’s Copy out of two leaflets. Bank copy will be kept by the bank where you will deposit the fee.
20. Please take TWO printouts of the Online Application Form by logging in with your login id and password. Affix the same passport size photograph (which was uploaded with the online form) on it and keep it safe with you. DO NOT SEND IT TO Local Audit Department. This application printout with photograph affixed on it will have to be submitted during interview along with self attested photocopies (two sets) of the following:
a. Relevant Mark Sheets and Degree (Graduation/Post-graduation) Certificate.
b. Reserve Category Certificate issued by the Competent Authority ( If Applicable)
c. Original counterfoil of the Fee Payment Challan (Candidate’s Copy)
d. Proof of Date of Birth- Certificate of Matriculation/Higher Secondary
e. Certificate as proof of age relaxation if claimed
f. ‘No Objection Certificate’ from the employer in case of candidates already in Government-service.
Note: Candidates are required to bring above mentioned documents in original for verification at the time of interview.
21. To download your Admit Card, you will visit the website www.chandigarh.nic.in and then click on Public Notice. After that click on the link ‘Local Audit Department – Recruitment – 2014’. which will take you to the same recruitment portal where you had filled your online application form. You can click on Login button, put in your login id and password to download and print your Admit Card(s). Intimation about when to download the Admit Card(s) will be sent to candidate through email.
22. Question Paper along with the Answer Key will be posted on the website, within one day after the examination, for calling objections, if any, from the candidates. Candidate can submit their objections, if any, by logging in with his/her login id and password and clicking on ‘Objections’ tab within three days after Display of Answer Key. The final key after considering all the objections and making necessary corrections, if any, will be uploaded on the website within two weeks from the day of examination. This key will be used for preparation of final result.
More details – http://lad.applyforexam.com/pdf/advertisement.pdf?x
Conditions which may render candidate ineligible
a. Insufficient fee;
b. Examination fee deposited in a bank other than State Bank of Patiala; – 6 –
c. Wrong/incomplete information given in the Application Form;
d. Candidates debarred for appointment to Government Service by any Government Department/ Board/ Commission/ Corporation;
e. Candidates against whom complaint in Vigilance Department, Police Department etc. is pending;
e. Non-fulfillment of any of the eligibility conditions, including those of age and educational qualifications.
Frequently Asked Questions
• Q. What particulars/details should you mention while asking a question from firstname.lastname@example.org?
Ans. In case you are not yet registered for the examination, then, your name, father’s name and mobile number must be mentioned along with the query.
In case you are registered then you MUST mention your Registration number also.
• Q. Do I also need to send hard copy of my application form after filling online application form to Local Audit Department office?
Ans. No, but you are required to submit it at the time of Interview, if you will become eligible for interview.
• Q. Do I need to send through post/ e-mail a copy of printout of my submitted application form?
• Q. How will I know about all the examination related details like date-sheet, examination centres, downloading of admit cards, etc.?
Ans. This information shall be available on our website www.chandigarh.nic.in within 15 days of last date of depositing the fee i.e. 20/10/2014. The same shall be conveyed to you through e-mail as well.
• Q. Will I be able to download the admit card for examination immediately after filling of online application form?
Ans. Not immediately. You can download it only after it is available for download i.e. after 15 days of last date of depositing of examination-fee.
• Q. How would I know that fee deposited by me has been accepted or not?
Ans. It is visible on candidate’s home screen(available through your personal login) after completion of reconciliation by bank in 2-3 business days after submission of fee by the candidate.
• Q. Do I become eligible for a post after having qualified the exam.?
Ans. No it is subject to verification of all the original documents relating to age, qualification, etc. at the time of Interview and depends upon your position in the merit list.
• Q. I have someone else’s photo and signature in my account.
Ans. You should contact us immediately through our e-mail on our email address: email@example.com giving full details of the discrepancy.
• Q. I submitted my online application but forgot to note down the application no., login and password.
Ans. You may request for it through our e-mail id firstname.lastname@example.org,
your login id and password shall be sent to you in your email id registered with us.
• Q. I have already submitted my online form but I am not able to take its printout.
Ans. You may contact us through our email id email@example.com, explaining the difficulty being faced by you.