EXAMINATION NOTICE NO.08/2017-CPF DATED : 12.04.2017
(LAST DATE FOR SUBMISSION APPLICATIONS : 05.05.2017) (COMMISSION’S WEBSITE : www.upsc.gov.in)
- CANDIDATES TO ENSURE THEIR ELlGIBILlTY FOR THE EXAMINATION: Candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility conditions for admission to the Examination. Their admission at all the stages of the examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. Mere issue of e-Admission Certificate to the candidate will not imply that his/her candidature has been finally cleared by the Commission. Verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents is taken up only after the candidate has qualified for Interview/Personality Test.
- HOW TO APPLY: Candidates are required to apply online only by using the website www.upsconline.nic.in Brief instructions for filling up the online Application Form have been given in Appendix-II. Detailed instructions are available on the above mentioned website.
- LAST DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS: The Online Applications can be filled upto 05th May, 2017 till 18.00 Hours.
- The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admission Certificate three weeks before the commencement of the examination. The e-Admission Certificate will be made available in the UPSC website [www.upsc.gov.in] for downloading by candidates. No Admission Certificate will be sent by post. All the applicants are required to provide valid and active E-Mail I.D. while filling up Online Application Form as the Commission may use electronic mode for contacting them.
- PENALTY FOR WRONG ANSWERS (In Objective Type Question Paper): Candidates should note that there will be penalty (Negative Marking) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the Objective Type Question Paper.
- INSTRUCTIONS FOR FILLING UP OMR SHEETS: a) For both writing and marking answers in the OMR Sheets (Answer Sheet) candidates must use black ball point pen only. Pens with any other colours are prohibited. Do not use Pencil or Ink pen. Candidates are further advised to read Special Instructions contained in Appendix-III of the Notice. b) Candidates should note that any omission/mistake/discrepancy in encoding/filling in details in the OMR answer sheet; especially with regard to Roll Number and Test Booklet Series Code, will render the answer sheet liable for rejection.
posts Total – 179
- ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS : (I) Nationality : No person who is not a citizen of India shall, except with the consent of the Central Government signified in writing be appointed or employed under these Rules. Provided that nothing contained in these rules shall debar the appointment, enrolment or employment of a subject of Nepal or Bhutan under these Rules. (II) Sex : Both Male and Female candidates are eligible for appointment to the post of Assistant Commandants. (III) Age Limits : (a) A candidate must have attained the age of 20 years and must not have attained the age of 25 years on 1st August, 2017, i.e. he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1992 and not later than 1st August, 1997.
- FEE : Candidates (excepting Female/SC/ST candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 200/- (Rupees Two Hundred Only) either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of SBI, State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/State Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/State Bank of Patiala/State Bank of Travancore or by using Visa/Master Credit/Debit Card.
- LAST DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS : The Online Applications can be filled upto 05th May, 2017 till 18.00 hours
Paper I : General Ability and Intelligence The objective type questions with multiple choices in this paper will broadly cover the following areas:
1. General Mental Ability The questions will be designed to test the logical reasoning, quantitative aptitude including numerical ability, and data interpretation.
2. General Science The questions will be set to test general awareness, scientific temper, comprehension and appreciation of scientific phenomena of everyday observation including new areas of importance like Information Technology, Biotechnology, Environmental Science.
3. Current Events of National and International Importance: The questions will test the candidates’ awareness of current events of national and international importance in the broad areas of culture, music, arts, literature, sports, governance, societal and developmental issues, industry, business, globalisation, and interplay among nations.
4. Indian Polity and Economy: The questions shall aim to test candidates’ knowledge of the Country’s political system and the Constitution of India, social systems and public administration, economic development in India, regional and international security issues and human rights including its indicators.
5. History of India : The questions will broadly cover the subject in its social, economic and political aspects. This shall also include the areas of growth of nationalism and freedom movement.
6. Indian and World Geography: The questions shall cover the physical, social and economic aspects of geography pertaining to India and the World.
Paper II : General Studies, Essay and Comprehension Part-A – Essay questions which are to be answered in long narrative form either in Hindi or English totaling 80 Marks. The indicative topics are modern Indian history especially of the freedom struggle, geography, polity and economy, knowledge of security and human rights issues, and analytical ability. Part-B – Comprehension, précis writing, other communications/language skills – to be attempted in English only (Marks 120) – The topics are Comprehension passages, précis writing, developing counter arguments, simple grammar and other aspects of language testing.