Important Books and Authors
- Two Years Eight Months and Twenty-Eight Nights – Salman Rushidie
- The Red Sari – Javier Moro
- Neither a Hawk nor a Dove – Khurshid M Kasuri ( Pakistan’s Ex-Foreign Minister )
- Editor Unplugged : Media, Magnates, Netas and Me – Vinod Mehta
- Faces and Places – Prof Deepak Nayyar
- Indian Parliamentary Diplomacy : Speaker’s Perspective – Meira Kumar
- Farishta – Kapil Isapuri
- Super Economies – Raghav Bahl
- China : Confucius in the Shadows – Poonam Surie
- Delhi to Islamabad- Bhim Singh
- Kiran Bedi : Kaise Bani Top Cop (Comic Book) – Kiran Bedi
- Fragile Frontiers: The Secret History of Mumbai Terror Attacks – Saroj Kumar Rath
- Go Set a Watchman Ahmedabad : A city in the world : Amrita Shah
- Flood of Fire – Amitav Ghosh
- Education of Muslims: Islamic Perspective of Knowledge and Education – J.S. Rajput
- Lucknow Boy: A Memoir – Late Vinod Mehta
- God’s Bankers: A History of Money and Power at the Vatican – Gerald Posner Family Life – Akhil Sharma
General awareness ()
1. The spherical shape of a drop is due to _______ ?Answer: Surface tension
2. Who is the present RBI Governor ?
Answer: Duwuri Subbarao
3. Earth is protected from Ultra voilet radiation by _______ ?
4. If we move from equator to pole the value of acceleration due to gravity “g”_______ ?
5. Capital of VeneZuela ?
6. Solid carbon dioxide is known as ______?
Answer: Dry ice
7. VAT was first introduced in which country ?
8. Which instrument is used to measure blood pressure ?
Answer: Sphygmomano meter
9. How many coastal states are in India ?
10. The country which lost the largest number of people in the 2nd world war ?
11. How many fundamental duties are laid in the constitution of India ?
12. Which is the Biggest Museum ?
Answer: British Museum, London
13. Shora is the parliament of _______?
14. Who is the first person to get Param vir chakra ?
Answer: Major Somnath Sharma
15. Which is the largest fresh water lake in India ?
Answer: Wular Lake
* 16. Which is the longest river in peninsular India ?
Answer: Godavari River
* 17. What is the full form of SIM ?
Answer: Subscriber Identity Module
* 18. Who is the founder of Van Mahotsav ?
Answer: K.M. Munshi
* 19. What is the full form of https ?
Answer: Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure
* 20. Where is Sardar Sarovar project situated ?
* 21. Which is the coldest planet in the solar system?
*22. Which is the Longest National Highway in India ?
Answer: NH 44 (old name NH 7)
* 23. Which is the smallest National Highway in India ?
Answer: NH 966B
* 24. How many bones are there in human skull ?
|3||Boxing||Jab,Hook,Kidney Punch,Rabbit Punch,Slam,Uppercut,Knockout.|
|5||Cricket||L.B.W.,Stumped,Bye,Leg-Bye,Googhly,Hattrick,Follow on,Gully,Drive,Duck,No Ball,Cover Point,Silly point,Pitch,Leg Break,Silly point,Cover point,Hit-Wicket,Late-cut,Slip,Stone-walling,Chinaman,Leg spinner,The Ashes,Bodyline Bowling,Bumper Bowling,Chucker.|
|8||Hockey||Bully,Penalty-corner,Stick,Scoop,Sudden-death,Tie-breaker,Carried,Roll in,Striking Cirle,Under cutting.|
|9||Rifle-Shooting||Bully’s eye (Centre of target|
|10||Lawn Tennis||Volley,Smash,Deuce,Service,Let,Grnad Slam,Double Fault,Back hand drive.|
|13||Athletics||Dead Heat,Steeple Chase,Photo Finish.|
Current Affairs Questions
1. Who won the Best Actor and Best Actress honours at the 62nd National Film Awards?
2. Which was the Best Hindi Film at the 62nd National Film Awards?
3. Who is the Director of ‘Court’, the winner of Best Feature Film award at the 62nd National Film Awards?
4. Which award was won by ‘Mary Kom’ at the 62nd National Film Awards?
4. Who is the Producer of ‘Court’, the winner of Best Feature Film award at the 62nd National Film Awards?
6. Who are the Producer and Director of 62nd National Film Award winning movie ‘Mary Kom’?
7. Who won the Indira Gandhi Award for Best Debut Film of a Director for his critically acclaimed Asha Jaoar Majhe (Bengali) at the 62nd National Film Awards?
8. The ______ ________ Award for Best Feature Film on National Integration was not awarded at the 62nd National Film Awards.
9. Who won the award for Best Director at the 62nd National Film Awards?
10. Which movie won the Best Film on Social Issues award at the 62nd National Film Awards?
11. Who is the author of ‘Silent Cinema: (1895-1930)’ which won the award for Best Book on Cinema award at the 62nd National Film Awards?
12. Dolly Ahluwalia won the Best Costume designer award for which movie at the 62nd National Film Awards?
13. Who won the award for the Best Film Critic at the 62nd National Film Awards?
14. Which award was won by the movie ‘Elizabeth Ekadashi’ at the 62nd National Film Awards?
15. Who won the Best Male Playback singer award at the 62nd National Film Awards?
16. Who won the Best Female Playback singer award at the 62nd National Film Awards?
17. Who are the joint winners of the Best Child Artiste award at the 62nd National Film Awards?
18. Who won the award for Best Music Direction (songs) at the 62nd National Film Awards?
19. Which was the Best Film on Environment Conservation/Preservation at the 62nd National Film Awards?
20. Which of these does not come with Swarna Kamal at the National Film Awards (Best Feature Film/Best Film on Social Issues/Indira Gandhi Award for Best Debut Film of a Director/Best Popular Film Providing Wholesome Entertainment)?
21. WWAP is World _____ Assessment Programme.
22. Michel Jarraud is the head of which international organisation?
23. Irina Bokova is the head of which international organisation?
24. Which state capital was the venue of the International Counter-Terrorism Conference organised?
25. Which seven life-threatening diseases will be covered under Mission Indradhanush vaccination programme for children?
26. Centre announced 33% quota for women in police force of which Union Territory?
27. BVR air-to-air missile Astra was test fired successfully. BVR is:
28. The Ministry of Labour and Employment will transfer the Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY) to the ______ Ministry from April 1, 2015.
29. The Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY) is a social security measure for workers in the unorganised sector that provides a smart card based cashless health insurance cover of _____ per annum to BPL family of upto five members at an annual premium of Rs 30.
30. Who won the Life-Time Achievement Award at the 4th National Photography Awards?
31. Who won the ‘Laadli Voice of the Century’ award in Mumbai at the National Laadli Media and Advertising Awards for Gender Sensitivity?
32. Who honoured author Aabid Surti with the lifetime achievement award in April?
33. Who won the Gollapudi Srinivas National Award for the Best Debut film?
34. Who won the Chameli Devi Jain Award for Outstanding Woman Journalist?
35. Who received 2013 Karpoor Chandra Kulish International Journalism Awards in Jaipur?
36. Who won the 2014 Saraswati Samman for ‘Ramayana Mahanveshanam’?
37. Which party’s nominee Ramraje Nimbalkar was elected Chairman of Maharashtra Legislative Council?
38. Who was appointed as the new chancellor of Visva Bharati University?
39. Which former Chancellor of Gujarat Vidyapith and winner of awards like Sahitya Academy Award, Jamnalal Bajaj Award, UNESCO-Madanjeet Singh Prize for the Promotion of Tolerance and Non-Violence and the Moortidevi Award died in Surat at the age of 90?
40. NIMHANS founder Dr R. Marthanda Varma (93) died. NIMHANS is:
41. Indian Peace Keeping Force (IPKF) Memorial is in (Kandy/Jaffna/Batticaloa/
42. Who is the author of ‘The Modi effect: Inside Narendra Modi’s Campaign to Transform India’?
43. Who is the author of ‘Indian Parliamentary Diplomacy: Speaker’s Perspective’?
44. Who is the author of ‘Corrugated Slices: The Social Jalebi’?
45. Which country’s National Day celebration on March 12 was attended as Chief Guest by Prime Minister Narendra Modi?
46. Who is the President of Seychelles?
47. Which state government has launched the ‘Late Pramod Mahajan Skill Development Scheme’?
48. What was inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi at Talaimannar in Sri Lanka (university/Indian consulate/stadium/railway station)?
49. Which Prime Minister sent the Indian Peace Keeping Force to Sri Lanka?
50. Shashi Kapoor is the _____ (26th/36th/46th/56th) winner of the Dadasaheb Phalke Award.
51. The movie production company run by Ismail Merchant and_____ produced movies “The Householder” (1963), “Shakespeare Wallah” (1965), “Bombay Talkie” (1970) and “Heat and Dust”(1982) starring Shashi Kapoor.
52. Which was the movie production started by Shashi Kapoor?
53. Which scheme run by Maharashtra government provides relief and rehabilitation of rape survivors and those suffering violence against women?
54. The government of India honoured Shashi Kapoor with Padma _______ in 2011.
55. Shashi Kapoor won his only National Film Award for Best Actor in 1986 for which movie?
56. What is the cash prize associated with Dadasaheb Phalke award?
57. Which scheme has been launched by Maharashtra government in place of the Sukanya scheme for girls from BPL families?
58. Which state assembly passed a resolution opposing the construction of Mekedatu dam on Cauvery?
59. Which State/UT has banned sale, purchase and storage of all forms of chewable tobacco from March end?
60. The passage of the Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Bill, 2015 has paved the way for plying of e-rickshaws on the roads of which metro/metros?
61. Which is the first state to fix a minimum educational qualification for contesting elections to the Panchayati Raj Institutions?
62. Which scheme was launched by Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar launched to combat the problem of declining child sex ratio in the state?
63. What is the programme launched by Telangana CM K. Chandrashekar Rao for restoration of water tanks across the state named?
64. G. Karthikeyan (66), who passed away in Bengaluru, was Speaker of:
65. Which are world’s top three arms exporters in 2010-14 according to SIPRI 2015?
66. What is the full form of abbreviation SIPRI?
67. Which was world’s top arms importer in 2010-14 according to SIPRI 2015?
68. What will be constructed by the UN with the names of all the slain UN peacekeepers since 1948 after a proposal was made in this regard by India?
69. Which country has lost the most soldiers (158) in UN Peacekeeping operations since 1948?
70. Where in London was a nine foot tall bronze statue of Mahatma Gandhi unveiled?
71. IRNSS is Indian ______ Navigation Satellite System.
72. Which international NGO started “Operation Collateral Freedom” to “unblock” censored websites in 11 countries?
73. Which Indian artiste’s 1932 self-portrait sold for USD 2.92 million in Sotheby’s auction in New York?
74. Who was elected Secretary General of the Organization of American States (OAS)?
75. Which ex-President of Maldives was sentenced to 13-year imprisonment under the anti-terrorism laws?
76. Which ex-Prime Minister of Australia died at 84?
77. Who are the joint winners of the Abel Prize for 2015 given for excellence in mathematics by the Norwegian Academy of Sciences and Letters?
78. Who won the Pritzker Prize in architecture?
79. Who are the joint winners of the Polar Music Prize, considered the Nobel Prize of music?
80. How many times have Australia won the ICC Cricket World Cup after their recent victory?
81. How many times has the ODI cricket World Cup organised including the recent edition?
82. Who was the best batsman with 547 runs in 9 matches at the ICC Cricket World Cup?
83. Who was the best bowler with 22 wickets in 8 matches at the ICC Cricket World Cup?
84. Who was the Man of the Tournament at the ICC Cricket World Cup?
85. Who was the losing finalist in the Ranji Trophy won by Karnataka in Mumbai?
86. Who was the captain of the Karnataka team that won the Ranji Trophy?
87. Who was the losing finalist in the Irani Trophy won by Karnataka in Mumbai?
88. Who won the Men’s title at the All England Badminton championship?
89. Who won the Women’s Singles title at the All England Badminton championship?
90. Which title was won by Denmark’s Mathias Boe and Carsten Mogensen at the All England Badminton championship?
91. Which title was won by China’s Fu Haifeng and Zhang Nan at the All England Badminton championship?
92. Which Indian player won the Men’s Singles title at the Swiss Grand Prix Gold Badminton championship?
93. Who won the T1 Prima Truck Racing in the race held at Buddh International Circuit?
94. Who won the F1 Australian Grand Prix in Melbourne?
95. Which scheme has been launched by the Sports Ministry to provide funds for training to 2016 Olympics medal prospects?
96. Which country’s Simona Halep won the Women’s Singles at Indian Wells tennis?
97. Which country won the Women’s Singles title at the 28th Asian Cup Table Tennis tournament held in Jaipur?
98. Which country won the Men’s Singles title at the 28th Asian Cup Table Tennis tournament held in Jaipur?
99. Where was the Santosh Trophy football final won by Services played?
100. Who won the Indian Open Snooker Championship in Mumbai?
101. How much equity foreign investors can pick up in Indian insurance companies without requiring FIPB approval?
102. What is the minimum startup capital for Health Insurance companies in India?
103. What was the insurance penetration (%) in India in 2013?
104. The Undisclosed Foreign Income and Assets (Imposition of Tax) Bill, 2015 comes with a jail term of _____ years and a penal tax of ____ (%).
105. What is the license period for mines after the passing of Mines and Minerals (Development and Regulation) Amendment Bill?
106. What are IMF’s growth rate estimates for the Indian economy in 2014-15 and 2015-16?
107. Which government organisation has signed MoU to invest Rs 1.5 lakh crore in railway projects over the next five years?
108. Which is the public policy portal launched by the government?
109. Who will head the ‘Kaya Kalp’ Council constituted by Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu?
110. Amitabh Kant is associated with _____ (FIPB/Niti Aayog/DRDO/DIPP).
111. Which satellite was put into orbit by PSLV-C27?
112. PSLV-C27 was the ______ (26th/27th/28th/29th) consecutively successful mission of the PSLV.
answers- 1. Vijay, Kangana Ranaut
3. Chaitanya Tamhane
4. Best Popular Film Providing Wholesome Entertainment
4. Zoo Entertainment Pvt Ltd
6. Viacom 18 Motion Pictures and Omung Kumar
7. Aditya Vikram Sengupta
8. Nargis Dutt
9. Srijit Mukherji for ‘Chotushkone’ (Bengali)
10. Chotoder Chobi (Bengali)
11. Pasupuleti Purnachandra Rao
13. Tanul Thakur
14. Best Children’s Film
15. Sukhwinder Singh
16. Uttara Unnikrishanan
17. J. Vignesh & Ramesh
18. Vishal Bhardwaj
19. Ottal (Malayalam)
20. Best Film on Social Issues
22. Chairperson of UN-Water and Secretary-General of the World Meteorological Organisation
23. Director-General of UNESCO
25. Diphtheria, Whooping cough, Tetanus, Polio, Tuberculosis, Measles and Hepatitis B
27. Beyond Visual Range
28. Health and Family Welfare
29. Rs 30,000
30. Surendra R Patel
31. Lata Mangeshkar
32. Comic Con India 2015
33. Sanjeev Gupta for ‘Q’
34. Surpiya Sharma
35. Manu Pubby and Gerard Ryle
36. M. Veerappa Moily
38. Narendra Modi
39. Narayan Desai
40. National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences
42. Lance Price
43. Meira Kumar
44. Shombit Sengupta
46. James Alix Michel
48. Railway station
49. Rajiv Gandhi
51. James Ivory
52. Film Valas
55. New Delhi Times
56. Rs 10 lakh
58. Tamil Nadu
62. Aapki Beti Humari Beti
63. Mission Kakatiya
64. Kerala Assembly
65. USA, Russia and China
66. Stockholm International Peace Research Institute
68. UN Peacekeepers Memorial Wall
70. Parliament Square
72. Reporters Without Borders
73. Amrita Sher-Gil
74. Luis Almagro of Uruguay
75. Mohamed Nasheed
76. John Malcolm Fraser
77. John F. Nash Jr. And Louis Nirenberg
78. Frei Otto (Germany)
79. Emmylou Harris (USA), Dame Evelyn Glennie (Scotland)
82. Martin Guptill of New Zealand
83. Mitchell Starc of Australia
84. Mitchell Starc
85. Tamil Nadu
86. R. Vinay Kumar
87. Rest of India
88. Chen Long (China)
89. Carolina Marin (Spain)
90. Men’s Doubles
91. Women’s Doubles
92. Kidambi Srikanth
93. Stuart Oliver of Team Castrol Vecton
94. Lewis Hamilton
95. Target Olympic Podium Scheme
97. Feng Tianwei (Singapore)
98. Xu Xin (China)
99. Guru Nanak Stadium, Ludhiana
100. Michael White of Wales
102. Rs.100 crore
104. 10, 90%
105. 50 years
106. 7.2% and 7.5%
109. Ratan Tata
Indian National Flag, National Anthem and National Emblem
1. The ratio of width of our National flag to its length is
A. 3:5 B. 2:3 C. 2:4 D. 3:4
The National Flag of India is a horizontal tricolour of deep saffron [kesaria] at the top, white in the middle & dark green at the bottom in equal proportion. The ratio of width of the flag to its length is 2 to 3. In the centre of the white band of the Indian National Flag, there is a navy blue wheel which represents the chakra. Its design is that of the wheel which appears on the abacus of the Sarnath Lion Capital of Ashoka. Its diameter comes close to the width of the white band & it has twenty four spokes. The design of the National Flag of India was adopted by the Constituent Assembly of India on 22 July 1947.
2. Rabindranath Tagore’s ‘Jana Gana Mana’ has been adopted as India’s National Anthem. How many stanzas of the said song were adopted?
A. Only the first stanza B. The whole song
C. Third and Fourth stanza D. First and Second stanza
Answer: Only the first stanza
3. ‘Natya – Shastra’ the main source of India’s classical dances was written by
A. Nara Muni B. Bharat Muni C. Abhinav Gupt D. Tandu Muni
Answer: Bharat Muni
4. ‘Dandia’ is a popular dance of
A. Punjab B. Gujarat C. Tamil Nadu D. Maharashtra
5. The words ‘Satyameva Jayate’ inscribed below the base plate of the emblem of India are taken from
A.Rigveda B. Satpath Brahmana
C. Mundak Upanishad D. Ramayana
Answer: Mundak Upanishad
6. Mohiniattam dance from developed originally in which state?
A. Tamil Nadu B. Orissa C. Kerala D. Karnataka
7. Which of the following Akademis is responsible for fostering the development of dance, drama and music in India?
A. National School of Drama B. Sangeet Akademi
C. Sahitya Akademi D. Lalit Kala Akademi
Answer: Sangeet Akademi
8. The National Anthem was first sung in the year
A. 1911 B. 1913 C. 1936 D. 1935
The national anthem of India is ‘Jana-gana-mana‘, composed originally in Bengali, by Rabindranath Tagore. ‘Jana-gana-mana’ was first sung on 27th December 1911, long before Indian gained independence, at the Calcutta Session of the Indian National Congress. The complete song consists of five stanzas. As for the playing time of the full version of the national anthem, it will take up approximately 52 seconds. A short version, consisting of first and last lines of the stanza (playing time approximately 20 seconds), is also played on certain occasions.
9. The National Song of India was composed by
A. Rabindranath Tagore B. Bankim Chandra Chatterji
C. Iqbal D. Jai Shankar Prasad
Answer: Bankim Chandra Chatterji
10. Who composed the famous song ‘Sare Jahan Se Achha’?
A. Jaidev B. Mohammad Iqbal C. Bankim Chandra Chatterjee
D. Rabindranath Tagore
Answer: Mohammad Iqbal
Current Affairs: April 1, 2, 2015
- Which state has launched Aahar, a subsidised meal scheme meant for urban poor in the state?
[A]Bihar [B]Jharkhand [C]West Bengal [D]Odisha
- The winner of 2015 Miami Open tennis women’s single title is __?
[A]Suarez Navarro [B]Alize Cornet
[C]Serena Williams [D]Andrea Petkovic
- Malli Mastan Babu, who passed away recently, was a ____?
[A]Indian Mountaineer [B]Sand Artist
[C]Environment Conservationist [D]Journalist
- Which body recently launched the “Group of Friends Against Terrorism”?
[A]United Nations [B]European Union
- Which state in India has highest number of ports?
[A]Gujarat [B]Maharashtra [C]Tamil Nadu [D]Andhra Pradesh
- Which of the following recently became 123rd state party to the International Criminal Court?
[A]Israel [B]Palestine [C]Jordan [D]Bangladesh
- The number of biosphere reserves in India is ____?
[A]Fourteen [B]Sixteen [C]Eighteen [D]Twenty
- Which among the following is the theme of the World Health Day-2015?
[A]Food Safety [B]Aging and Health
[C]Water Safety [D]Small Bite Big Threat
- The Queensberry rules are related to which sports?
[A]Tennis [B]Boxing [C]Badminton [D]Hockey
- Asia’s largest wholesale market for fruits and vegetables is __?
[A]Azadpur Mandi [B]Yeshwanthpur Mandi
[C]Maur Mandi [D]Bhawani Mandi
ANSWER- 1.D 2.C 3.A 4.A 5.B 6.B 7.C 8.A 9.B 10.A
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE AND CURRENT AFFAIRS for SSC(staff selection commission)
- Who was Time ‘Person of the Year’ 2014?
a) Jack Ma b) Vladimir Putin c) Ebola Fighters d) Ferguson Protesters
- Who is the chief minister of Manipur?
a) Rishang Keishing b) Okram Ibobi Singh
c) Yangmasho Shaiza d) Radhabinod Koijam
- Who among the following is India’s Special Representative for border talks with China?
a) Shivshankar Menon b) Ranjan Mathai c) Ajit Doval d) Siddharth Varadarajan
- Which of the following is in charge of India’s nuclear-weapons delivery systems?
a) Joint Strategic Forces b) Air Defence Battalion
c) Strategic Forces Command d) Ballistic Weapons Regiment
- Which metal is extracted from Bauxite?
a) Mica b) Aluminium c) Iron d) Tungsten
- Which institution established on 1st April 1935 and had Sir Osborne Smith as its first head?
a) Central Vigilance Commission b) Reserve Bank of India
c) Survey of India d) Comptroller & Auditor General of India
- The Prarthana Samaj came into existence in 1867 under the guidance of:
a) Chittaranjan Das b) Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar
c) Raja Rammohan Roy d) Keshab Chandra Sen
- Which dynasty constructed the Mahabalipuram temples?
a) Chola b) Pallavas c) Chera d) Rashtrakuta
- Who is the inventor of Black Box flight data recorder?
a) David Warren b) John L. Baird c) Thomas Alva Edison d) Wilbur Wright
- Justice Amitava Roy was sworn in as a judge of the Supreme Court in February 2015. What is the sanctioned strength of judges in Supreme Court?
a) 29 b) 30 c) 31 d) 32
- Which of the following is National Heritage Animal of India?
a) Elephant b) Tiger c) Lion d) Black Buck
- Who among the following is the Chairperson of Prasar Bharti Board?
a) Jawhar Sircar b) Ranjan Mukherjee
c) Leela Samson d) A. Surya Prakash
- The MNREGA (Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act) Divas was observed on_____ 2015.
a) February 1 b) February 2 c) February 3 d) February 4
- Which of the following observed the Naushera Day on February 6?
a) Army b) Air Force c) ITBP d) BSF
- Who among the following is the Director General of the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP)?
a) Subhash Joshi b) Krishna Chaudhary
c) Satyanarayan Mohanty d) Devendra Kumar Pathak
- Which are the highest and lowest ranked countries in the Corruption Perception Index (CPI) released by Transparency International in December 2014?
a) New Zealand, Myanmar b) Denmark, Somalia
c) Finland, North Korea d) Singapore, Afghanistan
- Trans-Tasman Trophy is given to the winner of Test series between Australia and which country?
a) Zimbabwe b) West Indies
c) South Africa d) New Zealand
- Who is the Director General of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)?
a) A. K. Sood b) M. O. Garg c) S. W. A Naqvi d) R. C. Budhani
- Who is the founder of World Economic Forum?
a) George Soros b) Claude Smadja c) Warren Buffett d) Klaus Schwab
- Silent Valley National Park is in which district of Kerala?
a) Ernakulam b) Idukki c) Palakkad d) Thrissur
21. Which neighbouring country celebrates its independence day on February 4?
a) Nepal b) Bhutan c) Sri Lanka d) Bangladesh
22. Which is the diplomacy magazine published by India’s Foreign Ministry?
a) India Vision b) India Abroad c) Indian Panorama d) India Perspectives
23. USA’s Harper Lee (born: 1926) achieved fame in which of the following?
a) Music b) Sports c) Painting d) Literature
24. Who was the Chief Guest of the 13th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas organised in Gandhinagar in January 2015?
a) Donald Ramotar b) Anand Satyanand
c) Rajkeswur Purryag d) Navinchandra Ramgoolam
25. What is observed on February 4 every year by the WHO?
a) World TB Day b) World Polio Day c) World Cancer Day d) World Diabetes Day
26. Dili is the capital of which island nation?
a) Nauru b) East Timor c) Papua New Guinea d) Dominican Republic
27. Carl Djerassi was the inventor of which of the following?
a) Stethoscope b) Anaesthesia c) Male contraceptive d) Birth control pill
28. Who won the Lifetime Achievement award at the 60th Filmfare awards?
a) Waheeda Rehman b) Kamini Kaushal
c) Sadhna d) Dilip Kumar
29. Bhalchandra Nemade won the 50th Jnanpith Award. He is famous for which Marathi novel?
a) Ulka b) Ashru c) Yayati d) Kosala
30. Who is the Chairman of the Quality Council of India (QCI)?
a) Adil Zainulbhai b) Dipankar Gupta
c) Naveen Tahilyani d) Yezdi H. Malegam
31. Who won the Men’s Singles title at the Australian Open tennis in 2015?
a) Rafael Nadal b) Roger Federer
c) Andy Roddick d) Novak Djokovic
32. Who among the following won the Men’s World Handball Championship in February 2015?
a) Spain b) France c) Greece d) Portugal
33. Who won the Men’s Asian Cup Football Championship in 2015?
a) Iran b) UAE c) Qatar d) Australia
34. Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY) was started during the Prime Ministership of:
a) Rajiv Gandhi b) H. D. Deve Gowda
c) PV Narasimha Rao d) Atal Behari Vajpayee
35. Who was the founder of Agra?
a) Mohammad Tughlaq b) Alauddin Khalji
c) Sikandar Lodhi d) Ibrahim Lodhi
36. Who among the following Indians became the first woman to be elected president of the UN General Assembly?
a) Vijayalakshmi Pandit b) Sarojini Naidu c) Aruna Asaf Ali d) Sucheta Kriplani
37. Emerging literary voices from the ______ was theme of New Delhi World Book Fair (NDWBF) organised by the National Book Trust in 2015.
a) Hills b) Islands c) Deccan d) Northeast
38. Which of the following were known by the popular name of ‘Red Shirts’?
a) The Congress Socialists b) The Khudai Khidmatgars
c) Azad Hind Fauj d) Servants of India Society
39. Which bird was the mascot of National Games organised in Kerala in 2015?
a) Indian Cormorant b) Great Indian Hornbill
c) Great Indian Bustard d) Malabar Whistling-thrush
40. Which visited India during the reign of Harshavardhan?
a) Megasthenes b) Fa-hien c) Alberuni d) Hiuen Tsang
41. The territory of Nagorno–Karabakh has led to clashes between which two countries in Europe many times?
a) Russia and Ukraine b) Georgia and Belarus
c) Moldova and Romania d) Armenia and Azerbaijan
42. Dhaka-Kolkata Express is also known as:
a) Aman Express b) Maitree Express
c) Sandesh Express d) Sunderbans Express
43. Who was the last ruler of Lodhi Dynasty?
a) Bahlol Lodhi b) Ibrahim Lodhi
c) Daulat Khan Lodhi d) Sikandar Lodhi
44. The remains of Vijayanagar Empire at ____ have been declared a World Heritage site by UNESCO.
a) Belur b) Hampi c) Srirangapatna d) Tanjore
45. In the context of the Indian defence, what is “Dhruv”?
a) Advanced Jet Trainer b) Anti-tank missile
c) Light Combat Aircraft d) Advanced Light helicopter
46. Who is the Secretary General of the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO)?
a) Oyvind Korsberg b) Gunnar Gundersen
c) Thorbjørn Jagland d) Jens Stoltenberg
47. February 13, 2015 was observed by UNESCO as which of the following?
a) World Radio Day b) World Telephone Day
c) World Computer Day d) World Television Day
48. Which company invented the ‘Walkman’?
a) Sony b) General Electric c) Toshiba d) Hitachi
49. Who won the 2014 World Press Photo of the Year Award?
a) Mads Nissen b) John Stanmeyer
c) Markus Schreiber d) Goran Tomasevic
50. Who founded the “Khalsa”?
a) Guru Nanak Dev b) Guru Teg Bahadur
c) Guru Gobind Singh d) Guru Arjan Dev
1. Ebola Fighters 2. Okram Ibobi Singh 3. Ajit Doval 4. Strategic Forces Command
5. Aluminium 6. Reserve Bank of India 7. Keshab Chandra Sen 8. Pallavas
9. David Warren 10. 31 11. Elephant 12. A. Surya Prakash
13. February 2* 14. Army 15. Krishna Chaudhary 16. Denmark, Somalia
17. New Zealand 18. M. O. Garg 19. Klaus Schwab 20. Palakkad
21. Sri Lanka 22. India Perspectives 23. Literature 24. Donald Ramotar
25. World Cancer Day 26. East Timor 27. Birth control pill 28. Kamini Kaushal
29. Kosala 30. Adil Zainulbhai 31. Novak Djokovic 32. France
33. Australia 34. Atal Behari Vajpayee 35. Sikandar Lodhi 36. Vijayalakshmi Pandit
37. Northeast 38. The Khudai Khidmatgars 39. Great Indian Hornbill 40. Hiuen Tsang
41. Armenia and Azerbaijan 42. Maitree Express 43. Ibrahim Lodhi 44. Hampi
45. Advanced light helicopter 46. Jens Stoltenberg 47. World Radio Day 48. Sony
49. Mads Nissen 50. Guru Gobind Singh